The Apricot Jam Layer
The Hazelnut Filling
The Chocolate Topping
Taking Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Bars to the Next Level
Grandma's Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Bars
- 4 tbsp apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 160° Celsius (320° Fahrenheit).
- Prepare the base: Combine flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Add margarine (at room temperature) and water and knead to form a dough. Add extra water if dough is too dry.
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper and press dough into the baking tin (I used a 26x38cm baking tin).
- Prepare hazelnut filling: Add margarine and sugar to a pot and melt on low heat. Stir in the ground hazelnuts and let cool slightly.
- Spread a layer of apricot jam on the base. Then add the hazelnut filling and spread evenly. At this point, add toppings if you like.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Chocolate layer: Melt the chocolate and pour over the hazelnut filling. Spread evenly with a spoon or spatula.
- Put the baking tin in a fridge or a cool place for the chocolate to cool. Cut into squares or triangles and enjoy!