This vegan strawberry cheesecake bites recipe is written by the lovely Chloe from www.bakedbyclo.com. Check out her awesome vegan dessert blog for more mouth-watering plant-based dessert recipes!
Here in Scotland, strawberry season is coming to an end. And although autumn is upon us, I wanted to make one last tribute to my beloved strawberries before we make way for all things pumpkin-spiced. I decided I’d do this by creating some delicious strawberry cheesecake bites. Vegan strawberry cheesecake bites, of course. The recipe took a little bit of adjusting but in the end they turned out absolutely delicious!
Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Bites With Only 7 Ingredients
This recipe is so simple that it will blow your mind. It contains only 7 ingredients:
- Strawberries (of course)- Rich in vitamin C and K, and makes the most beautiful decor
- Dates- High in fibre and packed with potassium
- Almonds- A great source of vitamin E and healthy fats
- Vegan cream cheese- Provides a rich, creamy base for the filling
- Coconut milk- A good source of iron and magnesium
- Lemon juice- High in vitamin C and helps highlight the “cheesy” flavours
- Maple syrup- Rich in antioxidants and adds a touch of sweetness
These Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Bites Are Refined Sugar Free
Because these cheesecake bites are sweetened only with dates and maple syrup, they are completely free from refined sugar. These ingredients, combined with the fibre and healthy fats from the other ingredients, release their sugar slowly into your blood stream at a steady rate. That means no more blood sugar spikes or crashes, which is great news for your energy levels!
These strawberry vegan cheesecake bites are also just the perfect size for snacking. Usually, I’ll struggle to finish a whole slice of cheesecake but these make life so much easier. They’re perfect if you just want a sweet little afternoon pick-me-up.
I know you’re going to love these cheesecake bites because they are:
- Refined sugar free
- Rich in vitamins in minerals
- A good source of fibre and healthy fats
Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- 150g almonds (or other nuts)
- 150g chopped dates
- 200g vegan cream cheese
- 10 tbsp full fat coconut milk
- 4 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 100g chopped strawberries + a few more to decorate
- Put nuts into a food processor and blend until crumbly
- Add dates and blend again to make a smooth, sticky ball. Press mixture into a 26" pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla essence and lemon juice. Add chopped strawberries and fold in gently.
- Pour the mixture over the base and freeze for two hours before cutting into squares.
- Decorate with some more strawberries if desired.
Best kept in the freezer. Place your cheesecake bites in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to thaw out before serving.