How To Make A Creamy Vegan Pasta Sauce
Creamy Vegan Chickpea Pasta
- 1 cup whole-grain pasta (~100g)
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 heaping cup broccoli florets (I used frozen) (~100g)
- 1 tbsp tahini
- juice of ½ lemon
- turmeric, salt, pepper
- Start by cooking your pasta according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, heat a non-stick pan on high heat and add the chickpeas. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Roughly chop the spring onion and add to the pan with the tomato paste. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, then add the broccoli. Add water if necessary to prevent burning.
- For the sauce, mix the tahini, lemon juice, ½ tsp turmeric and salt and pepper to taste. Add water to reach a smooth, runny consistency.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the pan together with the sauce.
- Stir to combine and cook 1-2 minutes. Enjoy!🌿