How To Make A Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potato
- beans in tomato sauce
- baked crispy chickpeas
- cashew sauce
- nuts and seeds
Meal Prep Once, Enjoy Twice
Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potato with White Beans
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup pureed tomatoes
- cumin, paprika, salt, pepper
- beans/chickpeas in tomato sauce
- peanut butter
- fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- Start by washing the sweet potatoes, piercing them with a fork a couple of times. Place them in the microwave and microwave for ~5-8 minutes until the sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- Mince the garlic and finely dice the onion. In a pan on medium high heat, saute for 2-3 minutes (adding water as necessary so it doesn’t burn).
- Add the tomato paste and 1 tsp cumin and paprika each.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes, then add the beans and pureed tomatoes.
- Simmer for ~5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the sweet potatoes open, and add the remaining toppings.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!