What You Need to Make Sundried Tomato Pesto
- sundried tomatoes: You can find different kinds of sundried tomatoes in the supermarket - preserved in oil, or vinegar, or simply just dry. I used sundried tomatoes preserved in vinegar which were therefore not quite as dry as regular dried tomatoes. I suggest soaking the sundried tomatoes in some hot water alternatively.
- cashews: These add a really nice flavor to the pesto. Soak your cashews for 5-10 minutes in boiling water for a creamier pesto.
- lemon juice: The lemon juice adds a nice flavor and acidity, and also some liquid so we don't need to add oil.
Looking for more vegan pasta salad recipes?
Sundried Tomato Pesto Pasta Salad
- ⅓ cup cashews (50g)
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2-3 tbsp hot water
- salt and pepper
- Start by cooking the pasta according to package instructions.
- Add all ingredients for the sundried tomato pesto except the water to a food processor or blender and pulse a few times.
- Scrape down the sides and blend again.
- Add the hot water a tbsp at a time until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add to a bowl with the remaining ingredients for the salad and mix well. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.