This easy vegan tofu sheet pan dinner with potatoes, sweet & spicy tofu and veggies is great to make on a busy weeknight! Simply prepare all ingredients on a baking sheet, and bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Then you can enjoy a delicious, healthy meal and you don't even have to clean any pots or pans.
What is a sheet pan dinner?
A sheet pan dinner is a super easy way to prepare dinner and simplify your life! Basically, you need about 5-10 minutes of preparation time. All ingredients are placed on a sheet pan and in the oven for 20-30 minutes. Then, you have a delicious meal ready without spending a lot of time in the kitchen!
Can you use this recipe for meal prep?
Yes, absolutely! While this is designed as a dinner, it also works perfectly for meal prepping. Especially if you only have little time but still want to do your future self a favor. You only need 10 minutes to get all the ingredients ready on the sheet pan, and then you can relax and do something else.
Why not prepare some delicious overnight oats while you are waiting? Like these Summer Fruit Overnight Oats With Peach & Apricot Jam or these 3 Simple Overnight Oat Recipes For Fall? Then you have not only prepared a lunch/dinner, but also a delicious, healthy breakfast to start the day!
What do you need for a sheet pan dinner?
Well, besides the ingredients, you will need a regular sized sheet pan. If you use a smaller sheet pan, the ingredients will not all fit so you would need to use two. Also, if you are doubling the recipe to make 4 servings, keep in mind that you need two sheet pans.
If you don't have a sheet pan, you can also use a regular baking tray instead.
A good non-stick baking mat can be a great, eco-friendly (and long-term cheaper) alternative to baking paper. I love using these baking mats - they come in different sizes, are easy to clean and make the food extra crispy on the bottom.
Ingredients for this vegan tofu sheet pan dinner?
To make this vegan tofu sheet pan dinner, you'll need
- tofu: use firm or extra firm tofu, silken tofu will not work for this recipe
- potatoes: I used regular, but feel free to use sweet potatoes if you like
- veggies: I used zucchini, red bell pepper and fennel - but you could use broccoli, mushrooms, eggplant or cauliflower instead
- lemon juice
- nutritional yeast
- a liquid sweetener of your choice
- spices: smoked paprika, chili powder or flakes, ground cumin, cinnamon (yes, this may sound weird, but trust me, just a little pinch of cinnamon goes a long way!)
- salt and pepper
How to make this vegan tofu sheet pan dinner
Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
Wash the potatoes (or peel them) and cut in half length-wise, then half again length-wise so you get potato wedges. Add to a mixing bowl with the nutritional yeast, salt and pepper and mix well.
Transfer to one side of the sheet pan. Make sure the potatoes don't lie on top of each other.
Rinse the mixing bowl. Wash the veggies, cut into bite sized pieces and add to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Transfer to the sheet pan.
Again, rinse the mixing bowl (saving ourselves some dishes...). Cut the tofu into slices and add to the bowl. First, add all the spices (smoked paprika, cumin, chili, cinnamon) and combine. Then, add the lemon juice and liquid sweetener and mix well so every piece of tofu is coated in the mixture.
Transfer tofu to the sheet pan. You'll likely have some of the marinade left, so keep it for later.
Bake everything for 25 minutes. After 20 minutes, flip the tofu and add the remaining marinade. Increase your oven temperature to 220C and turn on a grill function if you have it to get extra crispy tofu and potatoes.
What to do while this vegan tofu sheet pan dinner is in the oven?
Here are a few ideas how to use your time while you are waiting for the sheet pan dinner to cook in the oven:
- make overnight oats for tomorrow - check out these recipes: 3 Simple Overnight Oat Recipes For Fall (Vegan), Summer Fruit Overnight Oats With Peach & Apricot Jam
- clean the kitchen - I somehow never have time for this...
- read a book
- squeeze in a round of yoga, or pilates, or whatever form of exercise you prefer
- call a friend or family member
Looking for more vegan tofu recipes?
- Healthy Vegan Tofu Nuggets (oil-free)
- Simple Baked Tofu with Tahini Marinade
- Tofu & Black Bean Chili for Meal Prepping
- Vegan Sushi with Carrot Lox and Tahini Tofu
- Healthy Tofu Scramble Breakfast Bowl
Did you make this vegan sheet pan dinner?
Please leave a comment below, share or rate this recipe. You can also tag me on instagram – I would love to see your creations!
Vegan Tofu Sheet Pan Dinner
- 5 potatoes small/medium
- ½ zucchini
- ½ bell pepper any color you like
- ½ fennel
- 300 g tofu 1 block firm tofu
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp liquid sweetener like agave or maple syrup
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder or flakes
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- pinch of cinnamon
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
to prep the potatoes
- Wash or peel the potatoes. Cut into wedges by cutting them in half lengthwise, then in half again lengthwise.
- Add to a mixing bowl with the nutritional yeast and salt and pepper to taste. Combine well.
- Transfer to one side of a sheet pan or baking tray.
to prep the veggies
- Wash all veggies and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Rinse the mixing bowl (from the potatoes) and add the cut veggies. Season with 1 tsp of smoked paprika as well as salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the baking tray, leaving enough room for the tofu.
to prep the tofu
- Cut the tofu into slices.
- Rinse the mixing bowl and add the tofu slices to it. First, add the dry spices (smoked paprika, cumin, chili and cinnamon). Mix well.
- Next, add the lemon juice and liquid sweetener and combine so that every piece of tofu is coated in the marinade.
- Transfer the tofu to the baking tray. You'll likely have some marinade left over, save that for later.
- Bake everything in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Then, flip the tofu, add the remaining marinade on top and bake for another 5 minutes. You can increase the temperature to 220C or turn on a grill function (if you have one) for extra crispiness.
- Plate everything, optionally garnish with herbs (like parsley) and drizzle on your favorite sauce/ketchup.